Jeff and I felt the baby's first kicks last Thursday night! It was so amazing! I have felt flutters before, but this was the first kick I felt. It so happened to be Jeff's first too. Jeff had his ear pressed against my belly, listening for the baby's heartbeat. He didn't hear the heartbeat, but after about 5 minutes, we felt this karate kick from the inside! I saw Jeff's head bounce up with the kick, and his eyes got as big as saucers. He was like "whoa!" and rubbed his forehead where she had kicked him. She did it again a few minutes later and this time the kick was stronger. So now every night before we go to sleep, we have tummy time - he lays his head on my belly and talks to her to see if she will move or kick.
Over the weekend, we went to KC for my high school reunion. We stayed with Mom and she got to feel the baby move too! It was more of a bounce than a kick, but she felt her - a few different times. I'm so glad baby became active right before our visit! So now, I feel her a lot. Last night Jeff was wanting to feel her kick again. I've gotten pretty good at knowing where the baby is when he presses his head on my tummy..after a few minutes she had moved b/c I could no longer feel that pressure or resistance. She had moved a little lower - I guess for more room!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment