Tuesday, July 7, 2009

18 Weeks

Baby T's development this week:

They can hear sounds and may be startled by loud noises.
Recognizable active and rest periods.
The skin is building a protective wax layer (vernix).
Vernix (a white cheese like protective material) forms on baby's skin with the lanugo, a soft lightly pigmented hair covering the body and limbs, both help to protect your baby's skin during the months in water. Your baby may hear your heart beating, your stomach rumbling or blood moving through the umbilical cord. He or she may even be startled by loud noises.

Tiny air sacs called alveoli begin to form in lungs and the vocal chords are formed. Baby goes through the motions of crying but without air doesn't make a sound; yet.

Your baby may have the same awake and sleep patterns of a newborn. Baby will have a favorite position for sleep and recognizable active and rest periods.

--------------------------------

How far along? 18 weeks
How much does Baby weigh?: 7 ounces
How big is Baby? 5.5 inches
Maternity clothes? Yes, though I'm still able to wear pre-pregnancy t-shirts.
Stretch marks? I think I found my first from the pregnancy
Sleep: I have a boppy snuggle pillow that I've been using for a few weeks. Just last night I tried wedging another pillow under my back to stay propped on my side..not so comfy
Best moment this week: Seeing my belly take shape. :) And, hearing a lady "oooh and ahh" after my aerobics instructer announced I had a baby in my belly.
Movement: It's felt like he/she has rolled a few times. I had lots of movement a week ago, but has been kind of quiet lately.
Food cravings: Mexican food (doubt this is a pregnancy craving - must be my old tastes returning!)
Gender: Logic tells me boy. Gut says girl! We'll find out on July 9!
Labor Signs: no
Belly Button in or out? Innie
What I miss: my Mom
What I am looking forward to: Thursday's ultrasound!! Praying the baby cooperates and that he/she is healthy!
Milestones: Jeff being able to tell that I'm showing.

No comments:

Post a Comment