Only 3 weeks left until Natalie's estimated due date! On the one hand, it feels like time has flown..on the other, it can't get here soon enough. I see pictures of babies that are born at 37 weeks and it's just hard for me to imagine Natalie looking like a full-fledged baby! Jeff and I are so excited and cannot wait to hold and kiss her. Will she have blond or brown hair, or none at all? Will she have a big head and long second toe that seems prevalant among the Noblitt side of the family? Will she have a pug nose that Mom, Nickie, Kyle, Faith and I have? Or will she have a straight nose and chiseled chin like her daddy? Will she have Jeff's tendency to talk with the hands? Those have been my thoughts recently, and it's been so fun to daydream about her.
This past weekend I started noticing an increase in braxton hicks contractions. I would get them same time every night from about 7:30 to 10. Maybe 5-6 total in that time, and most are just somewhat uncomfortable. A few have been painful, but those are in the minority. The past day or so I've been having them more during the day. They are pretty irregular and usually last anywhere from 1-3 minutes. While I know this can go on for weeks, it is still exciting to know that my body is preparing for the big show. Last night I also had menstral like cramps..I had almost forgotten what those felt like! I am definitely feeling the weight of the baby now. My lower back aches quite a bit by the end of the day. Our teacher from class told us how a tennis ball massage helps with back labor. I really LOVE this! It really helps with the back ache. I will definitely be packing the tennis ball in my hospital bag.
On a side note, this past weekend was a great weekend. Jeff and I had date night and went to see the movie 2012 with John Cusack. It had been awhile since a good movie had come out. The movie was predictable at times, but the special effects were awesome - by far the best. Saturday we went to Babies R Us and got the remaining items we needed like a mattress pad, bottles, etc. We got to see Jeff's family that afternoon too for Drew's 5th birthday party. Drew was really cute - he got such a kick out of the Christmas inflatable his Pop gave him. Sunday was mostly spent doing chores. Got most of Natalie's laundry done that day. After spending most of the day on my feet, I went to get a pedicure. Putting on my socks has become close to impossible, let alone clipping my toenails! And, boy, that pedi was probably the best I had ever had! I just wanted to leave my feet soaking in that warm swirling water forever. And I decided right then and there that I was going home that night and taking my first bath of the pregnancy. Not as enjoyable as I had envisioned but it did help my muscles relax somewhat.
Let me back up..when I got home from the pedicure, I found glowing candles and china on the dining room table. Jeff had made dinner! When I saw this, my heart felt as bright as those candles. He continues to surprise me with his kindness and love. Sigh.. What a great weekend it was!
I am keenly aware of how fast our time as "just a couple" is dwindling and am savoring each moment. But at the same time, I am so excited about having a family with him. Already, I am seeing a metamorphosis and it is awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so excited for you guys! 3 weeks or less to go :) That's great that you've been able to find time to go out and spend time together before Natalie comes. I have some good advice-that worked for both myself, and my sister in law. Pick a night a few days away, or the day before your baby is born. Go to an amazingly fancy restaurant, and stuff yourself silly- all the while enjoying your date night with your hubby! and if you're lucky the baby will be there the next day :) b was born 3 days early after a special meal, and my nephew was born the day after a gourmet meal. something about that yummy food...
ReplyDeleteMegan A.
Thanks for the great update! Glad you are getting some quality "Jeff and you" time in before Natalie arrives! Please keep us posted on your progress...you have weekly appts now, don't you? Both my boys were early and came so unexpectedly..so if you are like me, could be any day now! YAY! Can't wait to meet our precious neice!
ReplyDelete