Met with my new OB today, Dr. S! He is really nice and seems pretty laid back. He moved my due date back to Dec. 8th based on my LMP. I am betting it is going to continue to change though with the next u/s. He said I can resume aerobics as long as it's not high impact. Not sure when I will feel like going back to the aerobics class. I want to - but am afraid I won't be able to keep up like I used to..especially if I'm supposed to do the low-key version of it. So, for now, I will stick to the elliptical and weights.
Dr. S did an abdominal ultrasound (my first!). You couldn't see the baby nearly as well as with the other u/s. But, we did see the baby's heart beating and the Doc pointed out it's arm and leg and head. I couldn't make it out though. He said that I have a tilted uterus and that the baby was way back there so that is why the image wasn't that great. But, he said that he expects no problems from a tilted uterus - phew. He also continued my progesterone treatment for another two weeks. This time in pill form - hooray! I thought I was SO done with the progesterone - I stopped last night per Dr. R's recommendation. When Dr. S asked me if I would like to continue, I was glad he being cautious and thorough. In my head though, I was thinking OH NO (that was before I was offered the pill form). But of course, anything for Baby T. Just want him/her to be growing healthily!
Then, off to the lab we went and I had about 4 vials of blood drawn. The lab tech was amazing - the best one I'd seen in a long time. I didn't even feel her stick me. They're doing tests for like cystic fibrosis genes and other stuff. Got all sorts of booklets to read - looking forward to flipping through those tonight. My next appointment is in a month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YAY for a great first appointment!!
ReplyDelete